Reporting Tube cut length in Parts list in draft documents

Builder
Builder

Edgers

Using ST9 MP3 on windows 7 64bit

Just trying to educate myself how SE extracts tube cut length.  Have performed some testing and been able to show that the Variables "cut length" and "Tube flat length" appear to be the same variable (or extract the same value for the different variable names) when reported thru Bend Table inside Xpressroute and Assembly Reports Atomic parts list inside vanila assembly environment. I believe this can be pushed thru to a dft parts list but when I add Cut Length or Total length to the parts list in draft the properties\variables display no value.  

So we have bend table "cut length" = assembly Reports "Tube flat length"

We are trying to report the tube length of our pipe lines where the tubes represent our pipe line in sub-assemblies and it would be good to get a parts list for the 100's of tube for an MTO.

There is lots of utube out there shows how you can measure the the tube and push that to the variable table or even calculate the length via formual or Volume / Area but you should not have to do this for hundreds of tubes.  

Can any one confirm the above is correct and clear the smoke.

The link below shows the cut length and its comuted valve but why does this cut length and its value not push through to the draft parts list "cut length" for tubes?  Also Total length does not work either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTW-LiHdDlE

Any help appreciated

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC
6 REPLIES

Re: Reporting Tube cut length in Parts list in draft documents

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

If I understand well your challenge, then you want to show length of pipes in BOM what are on sub-assy level. 

Here is a video about an option, what you can set up in BOM properties:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Builder
Builder

Thanks Imics

Yes this confirmed it for me though still not sure why Tube bend table cut length property cannot be brought into draft parts list.

Only way is to add the property "tube flat length"

Thanks again

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi mspadmin,

the column property in the Parts List is "Tube Flat Length", which is the same value as the "cut length" in the Bend Table report.

The column "Cut Length" property of the Parts List only shows the length of Frame components.

regards

JB
VS2015, SE ST10

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I have my parts list set up to show three different cut lenths, whatever one applies.

Here is my formatting for the columns "CUT1"

%{Flat_Pattern_Model_CutSizeX/@3N/CP/NU|G}%{Cut Length|G}%{L/@3/NU/CP|G}%RT

My key point here is that I have a custom variable "L" 

whatever "L" is will display for any part that contains the exposed variable "L"

If you are able to get the cut lengths into a variable, you can display it.

Builder
Builder

Thanks Guys

Yes I knew about defining a variable "L" for example to calculate the tube length.  From tube bend tables you are not provided a total length but by default you do get Inside Vol and inside surface area so Vol / Area = L

None the less you wouldnt want to do this for 100's of tubes so we will just extract the Tube flat length which was adequate for the MTO.

Cheers

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit

Builder
Builder
JB thanks for explaining there exists a difference. I did not realize this.
Phil
ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit