Reset feature number in part template.

Legend
Legend

How does one go about resetting the feature number of a part file? Such as Protrusion 1, 2, 3 etc.  As is our template for part starts out on Protrusion 4 and Hole 2 from testing done nearly a year ago when we were first starting the use of SE.

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES

Re: Reset feature number in part template.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

See GTAC Solution Center article 001-1226695, "How to reset feature numbers after customizing a template".

http://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?si=001-1226695

Bottom line, can't be done.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Another one of the non-repairable problems with SE.

Just like Assignment of R1

I have some sheet metal design with flange 28, even through the part only has 11 bends.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@12GAGE I don't know what you mean by "R1" but you can at least rename features if you like.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

R1 is the reference to the first inserted view/part of a draft. I always insert the assembly of what is being drafted first, then have annotation that references R1 to display the part number and name of what is being drafted among other things like the XYZ dimensions of a sheet metal box.

If that first view is ever deleted, then I have to go find the R# of the main assembly (Say R31) then  go adjust all of the relative annotation.

Because there is no way to re-assign what is R1, I have to be careful to never delete that view or pay a 10 min penalty to go fix it for that draft.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Not sure why you don't just use part number and name directly in your annotation but I don't understand your workflow in general so IDK.

Bruce Shand

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

That's what I'm trying to do, but the part is an assembly. the parts list works fine, it's displaying the information in views is the problem. I can't use items numbers as the main cross referance between parts lists and views because flat patterns will not display item numbers.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

So you assign different part numbers to flat and finished parts?

Bruce Shand

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

No, but whatever label is on the flat page is the label for the bend table page. If I can't use it in one case, I can't use it at all. With a mass custom sheet metal environment, it's all about consistency and speed for the drawings