RetroFlash: I need to install Solid Edge V20. Where can I find the update files?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Everyone,

As stated in the title, I need to install the V20 version of Solid Edge. So I busted out the old installer. It worked without problem, and it runs fine, but I encountered some bugs, that have been fixed in later Service Packs, according to the change logs. My problem is that I can't find the update files anywhere. (On the installer CD there is only the first update out of 15)

Does anyone know, where can I find the updates?

10 REPLIES

Re: RetroFlash: I need to install Solid Edge V20. Where can I find the update files?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Good question.  You may have to call support to get them since they are not listed on the GTAC download site.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Betreff: RetroFlash: I need to install Solid Edge V20. Where can I find the update files?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

do You talk about a 32bit or a 64bit v20?

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: RetroFlash: I need to install Solid Edge V20. Where can I find the update files?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

It's the 32 bit version.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

so if we would find an old backup with a corresponding service pack, are we allowed to give it to another user?

Maybe Dan can give us an answer here?

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I hope it is allowed.

Generally update files can be distributed freely, especially if it is to an old software, like in this case, but since in CAD circles the legality of softwares is taken really seriously, I can't say for sure.

Unfortunately the original distributer of our copy is out of business, so they can't help anymore, and there is no GTAC for my country. As general support I only found an american phone number, and I don't feel like making a call across half the world, as that is usually really expensive. I'll keep looking, maybe I can find an e-mail adress to contct them.

I really appriciate the help so far.

Márk

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

the only SP I have found is the SP10 for the v20 32bit

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

That's better than what we have now, so if you could send it to me somehow, I'd be really grateful.

My e-mail is mark @ cadmester . hu (without the spaces obviously)

Márk

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Márk,

check you mail box.

Ota

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

Thank you very much.

Works well, and solved the problem.

Márk