Return assembly contained member / alternate positions to normal assembly

Hello everyone,
I was wondering how to return an assembly that contained members or alternate position to normal assembly again? I have tried to deleted the members from variable member table but remained 1 member that can not be deleted. Any help really appreciate.

Thanks
Destian
9 REPLIES

Re: Return assembly contained member / alternate positions to normal assembly

Unfortunately you can't convert  an alternate assembly back to a normal one. However, you can use the 'save member as' button on the alternate assemby tab to save out one version to a standalone assembly - this seems like it would solve your problem.

Not possible  .. ! Smiley Mad

MfG -
Viv

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your feedback, i actually did the way you suggest me. eventualy i have 2 sets same assembly now. Smiley Happy . however i just need to make sure with the expert here to get the correct answer Smiley Very Happy Thank you

@Destian I consider @Alex_H an expert.  He knows what he is talking about and the answer he provided is correct.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

But wat happen when you work on PDM or PLM system ??? then comes new part number etc,..   Got any solution for that ? Its not easy to replace the same file or a part or assembly in a PDM Smiley Sad

MfG -
Viv

@Black-Bird, I don't see it as a great difficulty. It would be like replacing any part after doing a where-used on the old one I think unless it's an old assembly that exists in many assemblies, some possibly released.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Yup you are right .. ! offcours an Old existing assembly ... ! 

MfG -
Viv

Inside of a PDM system, you may want to Save Member As a non-managed file.  Then manually go into your PDM system and replace the dataset for your Item (and Item Revision) with the saved-as file.

That is great ... If u make a small vdo .. might be usefull for many ..with a PDM system ..Thankyou

MfG -
Viv