Revision Block - How to Edit

All,

I am new to Solid Edge and have been thrown to the wolves so to speak.  I am using the Out of the Box title blocks and I can figure out how to add to the 'REVISION HISTORY' block.

I have figured out the Title Block/Properties area, but now I need to note a revision.

Is there a document that details this?

Thanks,

Mike

5 REPLIES

Re: Revision Block - How to Edit

[ Edited ]

Everything in the title block on the default sheet is on the background sheet. So you need to go to the View Tab and select Background in the Sheet View Section. This will turn on additional tabs at the bottom of the drawing. One for each sheet size. 

Select the background you wish to use and add lines to the existing Revision Block - it is just there as a seed more or less. Draw in additional lines and populate it manually with text boxes or call outs. 

Right clicking on Sheet1 and selecting Sheet Set up will let you choose background sizes. Go directly to the Background tab and select whichever background you wish to use. Don't change it on the first tab where the paper size is listed as you will have a paper size and titleblock that don't match.

For filling out the drawing number and title and such it makes more sense to use callouts as you can make then pull properties from the model to auto populate when you bring a model in. For the revision block you can use text boxes or callouts. I generally prefer callouts to text blocks but that is a personal preference.

Hope this helps to get you going. 

Bob Henry
Former Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC

delete it from the background and create your own table that is easier to control.
Owner: Scott Lester Drafting & Design
Designer: Rotork Instuments

I made my own blocks for this stuff to look like our old autocad blocks.

I used the default title block as a reference but have totally redone it to include what I needed. I do wish it had more capabilties like being able to reference external documents but that just isn't how solid edge works sadly.

@nanan00

"being able to reference external documents"

Just curious, how would you use that capability?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

Pull in item job name, item name, customer name, location, job numbers etc from a central excel sheet that we use for keeping track of that stuff on a job by job basis.  The idea of attaching that stuff to the part doesnt work as we often use the same part for several different customers. We have this capability with autocad documents using attdef text and attin/attout to update the title blocks etc. It is litterally a single click to a hot buttoned lisp macro to update a title block.