Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Manager 'No To All?'

Experimenter
Experimenter

I don't know if this is the correct format to get this information to SolidEdge®, but we'll give it a try.  When using Revision Manager, there is a pop-up which says something to the effect of 'Do you wish to replace an existing file XXX size/date with XXX size/date'?  The options are 'yes', yes to all' and 'no'.

The problem I have with this is that when copying a large assembly to a remote location for analysis, I might have to say 'no' to replacing existing files in that directory, maybe 30+ times.  It can be laborious at times and is an annoyance.

Does anyone know of a workaround.  Does Solidedge need to add 'No To All' to there pop-up selection.  Inquiring minds want to know! ☺

Phil

7 REPLIES

Re: Revision Manager 'No To All?'

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

This forum is great to ask the question how or garner support for an already generated Enhancement Request (ER) but it is not the accepted method to report to Siemens either an issue or enhancement idea.  To do that, you should contact your reseller/VAR who will be happy to log them with Siemens GTAC..

Once you have an ER number, you can post it here along with the description (like what you have already posted) to ask other customers to also log the same ER if of interest to them in order to improve its ranking to be added in a future version (more customers asking for the same think the more attention it gets... squeaky wheel and all that).

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Anyway, @ppisczak, it does seem like an "no to all" would be good. Other than that why not just copy to a new folder and avoid the duplicate file name problem? Or add some unique character(s) to the beginning of the file names?

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

@bshandThier very first sentence was:  "I don't know if this is the correct format to get this information to SolidEdge®, but we'll give it a try."

The forum is not the correct format to get this information to Solid Edge for an enhancement...

Ken

Yeah, I reviewed and saw what I didn't see the first time. That's why I edited the post within like 3 minutes so I'm surprised you even saw my question to you.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

@bshandGot notified immediately due to the "mention" Smiley LOL

Ken

Experimenter
Experimenter

Tx Kenny G and Bruce for your responses.  I will repost in an appropriate manner.  As to just copying the files, it has to do with lastest versions and server size.  We are an unusual organization in that are SE part files can be updated and letter revisioned a number of times and the file, other than date, does not change.  So when I need to update the assembly, away from the master file directory, I need to make sure I have the latest date, which is the latest version.  Once I open it up in my local directory, the date changes and all bets are off.  Therefore if I copy an assembly, the date changes.

Using Revision Manager, it maintains the date.  It also provides all the parts for that assembly which can be many.  I know it comes down to data management, which we really don't have.  So this is the best I can do for the time being.

Tx again for everyone's help.

Phil

@ppisczakYou may look into Built in Data Management (BiDM).  It will keep track of revisions by adding the revision as a delimited suffix to the file name.  Then you can utilize Revision Rules on Open (As Saved, Latest, Latest Released) to open files with the correct reference configuration based on the chosen rule.

Ken