Revision Manager - Renaming AND replacing parts inside assemblies

Hello

Sometimes I rename parts that are part of assemblies, and inside RM, I use the 'Where Used' tool, to show up the parents of the item in the panel below .... After renaming, the list in both panels are updated * , but when I open one of these parent assemblies, I get the 'Failed Load Failure' error (part has the interrogation symbol), and I need to replace the ' missed ' files by the ' new ' ones (that are same, just renamed in RM).

1) What can I do to rename AND automatically replace itens inside assemblies by the RM ? 2) Or it is not possible? 3) Or RM has some problem?

(*) When I rename the ' Doc Number ', it is not updated in the panel below with the item parents (aftrer perform the renaming action). But when i re-open the item, the Doc Number is ok. Probably is an internal small error in the RM tool.

Thanks for advices

BR

---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8
3 REPLIES

Re: Revision Manager - Renaming AND replacing parts inside assemblies

Screen shots of your RM screen before and after hitting perform actions might be helpful.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

I think the Where Used results higher level documents need to have an Update Document action set on them before you perform actions.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Hi

Yeah, you are right Jason.

After reproducing the scenario, I set the Update action on the assemblies shown below, before the renaming action applied, and works fine. 

(I thought the 'where used' panel results was 'automatically' being updated when we call the command (and the lower panel itself), but now i see the Update action is required before the Perform Actions)

Thanks a lot guys !

---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8