Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Revision Manager - associated drafts within an assembly

Phenom
Phenom

Yes, I think you could use the binder to link files.

if I understand 12gage's problem, he has parts that are used to create the assembly structure, but others that show flat patterns and manufacturing processes.

These could be attached to the 'finished' parts using the binder and would show up in Rev manager, but not in the assemblies.

You would then be able to copy those files along with their drafts.

Bruce, to answer your earlier question about files not appearing in the top assembly, it is the way we work with very large assemblies. Our work is rail vehicles, the top levels are quite large and a lot of the actual build is done concurrently. As a result there is no real assembly hierarchy. Basically we create a 'zone' assembly comprising all the bits that would appear in the parts list. These zones are then put together to create the top level. However, we need to show how these zones are installed into the vehicle so for each one we create an installation model. Into this goes the zone assembly and a minimum number of background models. We then create the installation drawings from these installation models.

This keeps the data for drawings as small as possible, but gives us a 'clean' top level.If we didn't do it this way we would have many multiple instances of files in the top level. I know the do not display at next level has now been improved, but you still see them in Rev manager. Even now we get people attaching the top level to a lower assembly as reference !

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
SE2019 MP5 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@beachcomber, Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. Love that binder method.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

REVMAN-INSIGHT PROBLEM.JPG

Here's a major problem I'm having with RevMan. I don't know if it's a problem with RevMan or really a problem with Insight/Sharepoint. It comes down to RevMan anyway because that's where it's failing.

But I have huge load of parts to copy/rename and it's tellin me "a document with this name already exists in Sharepoint"?

WHAT DOCUMENT!? Oh, you can't tell me that?! Ridiculous!

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200