Revision Manager to rename XPress Route Piping

Builder
Builder

I have produced a fairly extensive library of pipework in medium size assembly and saved all pipework to one location with thier filenames. I would like to know if it is now possible to open the assembly and rename the pipework created in Xpress route ? Will this automatically re-load the new names into my assembly ? I am concerned that this may cuase problems down the line with the assembly and wouldn't want to loose any of the piping I created. Thanks in advance

Anthony

SE St8

8 REPLIES

Re: Revision Manager to rename XPress Route Piping

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It should rename the parts in your assembly.and in their saved location. Make sure it's rename and not copy you want because I'm not sure what you mean by "lose any of the piping I created".

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Builder
Builder

Hi Bruce and thanks for the reply

I am guessing that Rev Manager will take care of all the remanes ?

What I mean by losing the pipe I created is when I rename pipework I would expect the newly named pipework to load into the model automatically

Regards

Anthony

Phenom
Phenom
In the case, that the parts of your pipework created in XpresRoute are used in different ASM's, you have to use the RevisionManager/Where used, and UPDATE the links before and not after applying Renaming. Otherwise in the RM you'll see that all the links appears Correct but when opening the ASM' they will not contain the renamed part(s)...

Builder
Builder

Hi YD, could you please post some screens of what you describe to help me with this process ?

When I have used Revision Manager I remember being presented with the links dialogue box asking me what to do with links in the assy however I have not done this related to piping created in Xpress Route

Many thanks

Phenom
Phenom

@agoodwin,

Here are some screenshots showing the situation where I have renamed a Part R_01.par created with XpresRoute, that is used in 2 ASM'S.

RM_Rename_01.jpg

RM_Rename_02N.jpg

The R_01.par is renamed to R_02.par

During Renaming I have clicked on APPLY ACTION.

RM_Rename_03.jpg

RM_Rename_04.jpg

The Assembly is still pointing on the R_01.par

It seems that, the RevisionManager knows, that the R_01.par becomes R_02.par but this information doesn't reach the assemblies: Asm_01.asm and Asm_02.asm

Here you have to replace this part with the right renamed one manually!

The right approach is to click on the two links for Asm01.asm and Asm02.asm, then to click on Update. //See Picture 2

After that if I click on APPLY ACTION, everything will be fine!

I hope this is helpful,

Yasser

Builder
Builder

Many thanks for this,  I will give it a go in due course and let you know how I get on

Anthony

Phenom
Phenom

Am I correct in thinking you have created a set of 'standard' tubes using XPress-Route ?

If this is the case you have to remember that the tube part file is linked to the path in the assembly where it was originally created.

You can use the part file in another assembly, but the path/part can never be linked to that assembly.

Any changes to the path/part must be made in the original assembly.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Phenom
Phenom

@beachcomber,

Very interesting point!

But you could see on the following screenshots, that renamed Tubes created with XpresRoute work fine and their Paths -updated through the Revision Manager- are pointing on the correct assemblies.

Yasser

RM_Rename_05.jpg

The link to R_01.par is replaced with the renamed Par R_02.par

RM_Rename_06.jpg