Revision Notes

Phenom
Phenom

After publishing more than 2 dozen free macros, here's one that I hope earns me $ome to keep more free macros coming.

Revision Notes creates editable revision clouds from circles and curves in Solid Edge Draft.

Revision Cloud From Circle

Revision Notes are fully associative with their underlying geometry and can be edited.

Edit Revision Cloud

Additionally a revision note can be attached to the revision cloud which does not clutter the drawing but can be easily viewed and edited via a dialog.

03.png

The App is available on the Market Place.

Download a trial version from here. (ZIP contains EXE, help PDF and PNG for the button).

And watch a video of Revision Notes for Solid Edge.

Thank you for the $upport.

~Tushar Suradkar

PayPal: Tushar.Suradkar@GMail.com

3 REPLIES

Re: Revision Notes

Phenom
Phenom

Nice and clean stuff Tushar. Good luck generating income.

I would assume this has no relation to revisions in a draft file from updating the model. Everytime I re-size one of my files (multiple times/day), I get 100 to 500 revision in my draft.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Tushar,

I too hope it generates an income for you. Nicely done man!

...just curious though, are your revision notes handled like those sticky notes on Acrobat documents?, and have you checked if the revision notes get caried through to be readable on SEV files? [or draft PDF's for that matter]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Phenom
Phenom

Thank you @12GAGE and @SeanCresswell

Scott: Are you referring to the drawing view tracker ?

Sean: Thanks again for the inputs on mobile viewer. Lot depends on whether Solid Edge exports meta data inside DFT to the SEV file. The text part of the note is attached like attributes or meta data. I must check this out.

and you are right too - Revision Notes is a combination of the Sticky Note and Cloud tools of Acrobat Reader.

Solid Edge to PDF carries the cloud geometry over but the text is lost. Need to rethink about the functionality with an option to place the text note right insdie the cloud as Solid Edge Text.

~Tushar