Revision Table Auto Populate Second Sheet

Hi,

How do you make the second sheet of a drawing auto populate the revision table from the first sheet?

I currently have it set up so revision information is typed in on the Working View setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES

Re: Revision Table Auto Populate Second Sheet

put the information on the background sheet.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Yeah that is one way to do it.

I would prefer that users do not go into the background as they could mess up the template.

If I have to then this might have to be the way to make this happen.

[ Edited ]

If they did do something to change the background sheet other than the rev table, that would only change the background sheet in that file.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

If your concern is the accidental change to the template while in the background sheet, you can park the template lines, text, and properties (everything except the revision table) onto one or more layers and set the layers to be unlocatable. This will prevent them from being selected accidentally moved or changed.

HTH,

Bob Henry
Former Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC

Nice.

I currently have all the lines locked in position.

I think I will put the words on layers as suggested.

The few text boxes that I want to leave open to updating, can I lock them in position? 

[ Edited ]

All our drawing border information is entered via a macro that updates property text or tables.

That is the way to go if you don't want users messing with the background sheet.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000

If the text boxes are placed on an unlocatable layer, they cannot be selected for editing. You would have to select the layer and make it locatable to enable editing.

We use properties in the background sheets to extract all of our title block information from the model and draft file properties. If there is information that you need that does not exist in the standard file properties, you can create custom properties in your model and draft templates and then extract that information in your drawing. 

Either way it eliminates the need to go ino he background sheet for editing.

HTH.

Bob Henry
Former Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC

If your drawing only shows the latest revision details then Property Text is OK.

However, if you (like us) list all previous revision details you have to use text/tables or have a whole list of property texts for each revision.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000