Revision Table in Draft environment/file

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi,

Anyone know how to create in Draft environment an automatic Revision Table?

A customer would like to have the possibility to create a revision table in which everytime a user changes the 3D model and/or updates the drawing views, the table automaticaly creates a new line with the name of the user and the date of the change.

Best regards,

Helder Godinho

4 REPLIES

Re: Revision Table in Draft environment/file

Phenom
Phenom

Are you sure you would want to do it every time the draft or model changed ?

That could create a huge amount of data to record.

I can understand wanting an automatic revision line, but that would require some programming.

We record ours (draft file only) in a table which is driven by a vb macro. The  "New revision" button just adds a new line to the table and adds data provided by the user.

There are file properties such as last saved by, last saved date etc that you could put into property text in the draft, but these would only show the current values, not a history.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Id like to have that Macro you speak of myself

Owner: Scott Lester Drafting & Design
Designer: Rotork Instuments

Phenom
Phenom

I'm very sorry, but that macro was custom-written by me for the company I work for and is not something I could distribute to others.Man Sad

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

there is a macro available which creates RevTable more or less automatically,
and it is for free.

But to put an entry into the table, if anything is changed in the draft is IMHo not the most perfect solution I think.

You will find the macro and the INI file as well as a draft example with a table as attachment to that thread

In the INI file man can define the language for the macro

regards
Wolfgang