Revision manager with 4K display

HI,

I am using a 4K display (3200x1800) on a dell precision M3800 that run a Nvidia Quadro K4100M graphic card.  Driver was updated today with latest version (340.66)

Solidedge ST6 and ST7 are having some display bug that are still workable in my opinion.  I was still hoping to have them resolve on ST7 release.  For now, I have always used the SE options to enlarge the buttons size by 2, this works fine for most of the work.

The main issue I am having is with the revision manager.  The buttons on the ribbon looks ok and are easily readable.  The file information on the other hand is much harder to read if not unreadable.

1- I have tried to lower the screen resolution, but this doesn't look has nice and create a nightmare with all other software.  It also defeat the point of having a 4K display in the 1st place.

2- I have called my software supplier, they have suggested I check the graphic driver.  After reboot this hasn't solve the problem.

3- I have check some Forum and post.  Nothing directly related to solidedge revision manager.

Will Solidedge address this problem in future service pack ?  any temporary solution would be greatly appreciated.  (using the magnifying tool is not an option in my mind)

I have attached a screen capture for your understanding.

Thanks you all for your help.

Martin B

4 REPLIES

Re: Revision manager with 4K display

Ouch. And here I thought the Revision Manager couldn't get any more painful to use.

-Dylan Gondyke

I do recall that some freeware can be used to replace Revision manager.  If Siemens "cannot" solve this issue, maybe another software (that would replicate what revision manager could do) could help me do my job...

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Martin B

Martin,

"The buttons on the ribbon looks OK and are easily readable.  The file information on the other hand is much harder to read if not unreadable."

It's not just your 4K monitor... my 2550 x 1600 30" monitor has the same issues, and it's 5 years old.

I think when I replace my 30" monitor, I should donate it to the Solid Edge Development team so they can witness first hand what happens when they design a GUI on a 15" laptop compared to what it looks like on the larger screens many folks have on their desk.

Bob

I think they can't fix the Revision Manager because no one is left who can unravel the original code.

Using SE since V12, 2002