Reviving an older post of an enhancement request

Just wanted to revive an older post I did for an enhancement request on adding single line font to Solid Edge and exploding text in the 2D draft environment. Hopefully one day this wheel can squeak enough to get some grease.

Thank you

Bryan Lagrange

7 REPLIES

Re: Reviving an older post of an enhancement request

Just as a hint, if you want people to be able to find your request for a single line font, you should have that word/phrase in the subject of the post, and maybe add a tag. The current subject "Reviving an older post of an enhancement request" is really a secondary topic. Your primary topic/keyword is "single line font". Having the phrase appear in the body of the post may be enough if the searcher is diligent. But do you really want to take that chance?Smiley Happy

Thinks for the advice Matt. I will change the title to this post.

I have been told numerous times that stick fonts are due for implementation in ST9. This was an issue being worked on between CAMWorks and Solid Edge going back to before the release of ST8

-Dylan Gondyke

If they add that and explode text option in the draft environment it would be 2D bliss.

I've had ER's in for that since ST4....I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Smiley Sad

-Dylan Gondyke

I have been asking for a while too. You can turn blue from lack of oxygen waiting for enhancement request sometimes. Smiley Sad

Enhancement requests are customer product enhancements. They have to have business case to make it past the product manager. Then the business case has to have enough ROI for the company. Then you have the enhancements that require new product design or functional modules to be designed and built before implementing.

Things take time and since software is an annual released product you may have to wait for years. It is just the nature of the beast.