Solved! Go to solution

Ribbon Space and Groups

Hello Edgers,

Below are two screenshots of the Sheet Metal environment from two different computers:

1. Dell Precision laptop M6800 17" monitor:

Screen Resolution: 1600 x 900

PSM_Small_01.jpg

2. Desktop computer with a 22" monitor:

Screen Resolution: 1600 x 900

PSM_Small_02.jpg

As evident, the groups are expanding and taking up all available space on the ribbon in one case but not on the other. I am not able to understand why? The screen resolution is 1600 x 900 in both cases.

Are there any settings outside Solid Edge or within the Options to make the groups on the laptop also expand on the ribbbon. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

~Tushar

13 REPLIES

Re: Ribbon Space and Groups

Hi @Tushar,

Could it be related to the task bar being hidden on the laptop....?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

Hi @SeanCresswell

I Autohide the taskbar and It's still the same, except Solid Edge got some leg room along the bottom of the screen. The ribbons still hesitate to expand into the empty sapce across Robot Sad.

~Tushar

@Tushar,

Sorry buddy, that was my best $0.02 worth.  Robot wink

Possibly though, the user profile was established with different "Theme" settings initially.....have you tried deleting one, to see if it rebuilds to desired?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

What about the theme you are using ?

Right click on the tibbon - theme - maximum workspace vs Balanced ?

@Fiorini

I tried all default themes provided by Solid Edge and also some custom themes that we use.

Then I tried changing the resolution to the next higher supported by my graphics card i.e. 1920 x 1080 and the ribbon expands into the room available horizontally, exactly as it does on the other computer which still has a 1600 x 900 resolution.

But I want the ribbon groups to expand with the current res of 1600 x 900, like on the other monitor.

~Tushar

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tushar
‎05-18-2016 07:01 AM

Hi Tushar,

Could it be related to the system text size setting that is set on the screen resolution page? On my desktop, I am running at 1680x1050 with text size set to Smaller - 100%. If I change the text size setting to Larger - 150% then my ribbon buttons start grouping together too. Maybe a combination of your laptop display resolution and text size setting could be the cause?

Greg

[ Edited ]

Hi Greg:

Yes, that worked!
This is an acceptable solution.

SM04.jpg 

Though I was always expecting the ribbon groups to take up the empty space on the right side even with the lower resolution and normal text size.
If not those buttons with text, the 'Face Relate' group which has all buttons with no text should have expanded, without having to compromise on the system text size.

Thanks for the suggestion.

~Tushar

There must be a registry key to ovverride that behavior but I don't remenber the name of it.

It should be this one:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 108\DEBUG\Ribbon Bar Wide Screen

change from 0 to 1 or vice versa

Let us know if it works.