Solved! Go to solution

Ribbon not showing up, random crashes, etc...

[ Edited ]

This has been going on now for a while, and I thought buying a new graphics card would help.  It hasn't.  Whenever I open um ST9 the ribbon is blank my views, blocks, and more will vanish upon zoomin in and out.  Everything gets really glitchy, and when i try to close the file the whole thing crashes and I get a windows warning saying "Solid Edge has stopped working".  

I made a video so you can see what I'm talking about.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author JFrost
‎10-19-2016 11:33 AM

Re: Ribbon not showing up, random crashes, etc...

[ Edited ]

Hello,

can you disconnect all usb devices besides the mouse. I had something similar with my mobile connected via usb.

Greetings from Germany
Christian Kunkel
https://c-k-m.info

Try this:

Close Solid Edge
Stay logged on as your normal user (not administrator or something)

Open Regedit.exe, a Windows tool to edit the Registry (Start, Programs, Command Promt. This will start a DOS-promt. Type [regedit] and press Enter). This can depend on what OS you're running.
Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphic Solutions\Solid Edge\[Version in use]\[Application]\Toolbars
where [Version in use] is the version of Solid Edge you are using and [Application] is Assembly, Part etc. of which the toolbars have disappeared
Delete the 'directory' Toolbars.
When starting Solid Edge, the default toolbars should reappear.
Note: Editing your registry can make your computer unusable. If you are not comfortable with this, ask for help from the CAD manager.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Holy crap it worked!  Thank you so much.  Why the heck would this happen?

I've logged this as an issue with the Siemens GTAC team, it's currently in progress for an emergency fix...

The issue appears to be windows 10 specific and associated with USB hardware; phones in particular
Kind Regards,
Jack Stark

Majenta PLM - Siemens Platinum Business Partner
http://majentaplm.com/