Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotor Compression

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

With this short video I have an issue on compressing the dimples on this drawing. As you can see the motor rotates, I need to compress the dimples (so to speak) while traveling over each. 

Thanks

Greg

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Rotor Compression

Phenom
Phenom

As far as I know your only option is to make an adjustable part that mimics compression by changing its shape. I have done this in the past to simulate bellows, but it wasn't easy. 

Highlighted

Phenom
Phenom

And I must add, I don't know if it's even possible with a rotating part, but chances are someone has done this.

Phenom
Phenom

Ok, sure it can be done. Adjustable part, angle as variable and the part adjusts according to angle. Cumbersome, but does work. Here's a crude video to demonstrate. This is without animation, but should animate ok.

(view in My Videos)

Phenom
Phenom

Here's a short animation with some trig to better simulate your situation. File added.

(view in My Videos)

Phenom
Phenom

Here's a video of an animated elastomer bellow structure, pretending to change shape. Just in case someone needs something similar...

(view in My Videos)

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @hjoy

good job !

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks @hawcad / Wolfgang!

I'd be really interested in hearing alternative solutions because this same issue keeps popping up when elastomers are involved.

Harri 

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Nice @hjoy. It'd be great to see the workflow of how you did it but I understand if you'd rather not.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom
I’d be happy to share @bshand, guess you meant the bellow? It’s just an adjustable part where the total length drives the shape. I’ll post the file tomorrow when I’m back at work.