Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rotor Compression

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Cool. I'm mostly curious about the radial shape change of the bellows. Not so much the linear change which is pretty straightforward.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

@bshand, the radial movement is more straightforward than you'd think Smiley Wink

sketch.JPG

The blue 14mm dimension is driven by the assembly and causes the sketch and silicone bellow to "collapse". I needed to add a range for the driving variable to prevent the sketch from completely flattening, other than that there's nothing fancy here. Admittedly, this doesn't really stretch, it just flattens out, but the representation is close enough to create a plausible illusion.

File attached.

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

I do not have a video to send. While looking at the previous video I send to Solid Edge... the center motor does rotate. (Motor does not collapse) With the motor rotating... the outer ring has those extruded tips inside. Those are the ones that are to compress inside the ring in and out.

Thanks 

Greg

Phenom
Phenom

Greg / @PO_LC,

the part that changes shape doesn't have to be the rotating one. The rotation angle of the motor (rotor) can drive the features on the stationary part. In your case the casing would be an ordered adjustable part. If you need more help with this I can try a quick mockup if I have some spare time.

/Harri

Phenom
Phenom

Here's a quick stab at a solution. I've modeled only one lobe, but you can easily pattern to suit. Let me know if you need more info.

(view in My Videos)

/Harri

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi Guys,

There are some solutions for this. I've used inter-part copy and Boolean operation, but the key thing is the "Active level" at animation. @hjoy 's solution is perfect too. Smiley Wink

Here is a video about steps:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Phenom
Phenom

Nice solution @Imics, will definitelyt use it sometime!

Harri

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for uploading your part @hjoy. As soon as I saw your screen snapshot I got it. I haven't looked at that part but I will definitely check your and @Imics' videos on the motor issue.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200