Rounding corner on two assembled parts

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am new to this forum so I appologize if I am miss something from my post. Anyhow. This is my question. I have two assembled parts that are mating using "align part axes" and "part faces". Now I need to add radius to the corner that was created between the two faces. I have attached two screen shots for more clarity. Attachment "Capture" shows the highlighted corner and the second one shows the available options. I was able to unlock and use the "weld" options but they don't add radius or at least I don't know how to set it up. Could anyone help me?

5 REPLIES

Re: Rounding corner on two assembled parts

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

First off, welcome to the forum.  We're glad to have you join.  Will these parts be manufactured separately and then joined together (welding etc.)?  If not, I would recommend modeling the as a single part.  In the assembly environement, you can add assembly features such as rounds.  Your second jpg shows the assembly features tab.  Unless you are planning to weld the parts together and then machine the weld bead, I think a single part is your best option.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Experimenter
Experimenter

The part will be manufactured from a single round stock. At first the idea was to weld the parts, but now I'm moving to one piece round stock. Is there no other way? The part is relatively easy to create so it won't take long to redo it from one rod. But still, for futre reference, is there a feature that I could use?

PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

Once you model the part from a single piece, you will be able to use the round tool. Are you modeling in ordered or synchronous?  Either way, I recommend placing your rounds using ordered.  You can switch back and forth between synchronous and ordered.  I modeled this one in ordered.

Shaft round.JPG

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Experimenter
Experimenter

It's ordered. Yeah, I'll just go ahead and do it from a single piece. Thank you for the help. Smiley Happy

PLM World Member Phenom

Glad to help.

One more thing, in ordered, do your rounds last or as late as you possibly can in the model.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1