Rounds in ordered sheet metal

Builder
Builder

How can one make rounds around gusset and still be able to flatten said part?

6 REPLIES

Re: Rounds in ordered sheet metal

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

1. click on your gusset with right mouse button and select Edit Definition

2. click on gusset options

3. in gusset options select Include Rounding

4. enter appropriate values for Punch and Die radius.

Phenom
Phenom

I looked into your part.

Why do you first draw a sketch before the cutout?

I also see you have 4 times a mirror. You can do all this at once.

You start with a contour flange, that's perfect, but further you use a contour flange of a sketch again. There you can use a "Flange".

Also I see you have a lot "under-constrained" features.

under.png

It is not required to fully constrain all, but I don't continue without.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

Builder
Builder
I am a noob. I just happened to draw that sketch and then cut from it. As far as the 4 mirrors I thought I clicked on all the features to be mirrored the first but didn't so I just went back and mirrored those features. I usually have a lot of features constrained. I was just playing with the live rules. No doubt I can greatly improve my efficiency.

Builder
Builder
I am also new to the ordered environment. I have been modeling in synchronous, but it lacks features I need. I am actually disappointed I cannot free swap environments while modeling.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

For me, Synchronous is great for the beggining of the project. But when I come to the detailing, I go to ordered and finish the model with all the detailes. And sinceST3 I think, switching between two technologies is possible in the same model.

1. start to model in synchronous

2. then, place the coursor over the Synchronous node in Pathfinder. Click with right mouse button.

3. now, select Transition to oredered

4. finish your model with all the details (sweeps, lofts, face blends, etc.) in the ordered environment.

Great think here is the changing of the model. Even though you are in ordered environment, you dont' have to switch back to sync, to make a simple change. SE will know, that some features are from sync, so they will be also changed like this.

To see this in action, see the attached movie.

Phenom
Phenom

I know you are new to Solid Edge, that's why I thought to help a bit, not to nag.

In synch I can't help you, I am a dynosaur who can't get used to it. With ordered I can help you if you like.

Other than in synch in ordered you can draw the sketch and make the cutout in one feature. So don't draw the sketch, close and make the cutout.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user