SE Admin and Muiltiple Options XML files

Experimenter
Experimenter

Edges

Has anyone ever set up multiple optionXML files with different names in different folders on their file servers that are all configured by disipline and named accordingly.  Then run SEAdmin.exe from 3 or 4 SE clients at a time on each occasion pointing to the associated optionxml files that differ by disipline.

Just wanted to know it this was even posible?   My idea was to automate the SE clients configurations and user settings by disipline Mechanical, structural, Civil, Piping for example in a multi discipline environment?

I Remember back in the early versions it was one optionxml file to administer all SE clients regardless of disipline?   Any ideas?

Cheers

Phil

4 REPLIES

Re: SE Admin and Muiltiple Options XML files

Genius
Genius
Yes, we have 3 different Opions.XML files on our server. 1 is for a division that is separate from us, but their document are in a different site. I use 2 different XML files to manage the locations of Design documents and Customer documents. The XML files are in the same folder and I have to switch back and forth manually between them depending on where the Document needs to be released to.
Dale Smith
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
ST10 MP2 - Insight

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

We do this with 4 different groups.  I created a VB app to be able to switch them based on role but also needed to change PDM configurations based on the chosen role at the same time.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Genius
Genius
Care to share the VB app?

Dale Smith
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
ST10 MP2 - Insight

Experimenter
Experimenter

Ken great to hear from you and see your still solid edging.......

Any chance you wpuld be able to share the VB app.  It sounds like something I'd like to be able to do also.

Regards

Phil