Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: SE Draft Table: how to sum a column (numerical)?

Builder
Builder
Perhaps this is the problem. On this drawing it is a machinery arrangement (sub-assembly) of the main assembly. I'm trying to display just the machinery/weights and vendor information. I think R1 must be referring to the main assembly ( a lot of which I haven't assigned masses yet and why I'm getting a value of 0 returned).

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @CADCAM16

see picture:

20190111_2059.png

and use Index Reference

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @CADCAM16

then use the Named Reference

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder
learn something new every day, didn't know this menu existed! I am still getting a value of 0 back though even when using that specific sub-assembly. It did show the total weight when I checked the show top level assembly weight though so something is up. Any ideas?

Hi @CADCAM16

can You explain how Your draft is build?

Sub-Assembly?

How is the draft reference to the sub assembly?

Maybe picture, video or an upload?

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder
The draft is of the main assembly, and I keep the rest in for location context, all grayed back except for the sub-assembly. Then I show the sub assembly and a BOM of items/weights. Comes up at 0lbm for main or sub assembly in property manager in the sub-assembly. Does SE give 0 back until you have assigned a mass to every single part? For example I have manufacturer components with a thousand or more parts and I only assigned a total weight to each device. Thanks.

I think the best property to use if you are going to use the parts list on drawings with multiple assemblies with unique BOMs is %{Mass/@1|G}. The same goes for the property for the name of the assembly if you're including that in the title.

Note that the "/@1" is an optional precision modifier. The "1" means one decimal place. "2" would mean 2, "0" would mean no decimal places, etc.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP4 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

@CADCAM16 wrote:
. Does SE give 0 back until you have assigned a mass to every single part? For example I have manufacturer components with a thousand or more parts and I only assigned a total weight to each device. Thanks.

If by "device" you mean the assembly and you've given it a user defined weight, that should reflect in the mass property for the assemblies.

Bruce Shand
Highlighted

Builder
Builder
Right, as I thought. Showing just top level ones anyways. So it showing 0 for the assembly means something else, perhaps it hasn't updated? have you seen that before?

I haven't seen them show 0 for weight when there's a user defined mass. Unfortunately you're at the point where it's hard for someone from my vantage point to guess.

If you want to zip something up and attach it I'd look at it as I'm sure @hawcad and perhaps @Trikefreak would as well.

Bruce Shand