SE Licence Manager and Autodesk License Manager

Builder
Builder

Folks 

We have multiple CAD software but I just wanted to know if the Autodesk LM (FlexLM) can be used to license Solid Edge as well.  I have run into this before and it did not work in earlier versions.  Our IT said it should work but I wanted to ask the community if anyone come across this before.  Floating licenses of Autocad and Solid Edge.

Cheers

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC
3 REPLIES

Re: SE Licence Manager and Autodesk License Manager

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@mspadmin

I have tried to use the same FlexLM software/service for AutoCAD 2017 floating license and Solid Edge ST9 floating license on the same server with no success, I instead had to use the different versions of FlexLM that came with each CAD package and use them separately on the same server.

Good luck and if you succeed I will be very curious to know how you did this.

Builder
Builder
yer Thx Pieter

If I succeed Id be happy to pass it on but I'd first like to understand why it wont work in the first place....Anyone else care to share?

Phil
ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Typically you can use one Flex software and create multiple services.  You would need to use whichever is the latest Flex version provided by all the softwares to be licensed and create one service for each software to be licensed.  You will also need ensure that each license service created is using a different range of port numbers.  IIRC Autodesk and Solid Edge port numbers overlap by default.