Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE Revised From and SE Revision Root

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi Edgers,

with the beginning of ST10 and the enhanced BuildInDataManagement, Solid Edge is well informed about the Revision History of any document.

With the new Revision function there also is an possibility to add revision comments to any document which can be accessed as a Custom Property for any reason (BOM, Draft header, info, etc)

I also have seen, that from the explorer You can show additional properties calles "SE Revised From" and "SE Revision Root" giving You the info about what was the previous document and which was the first document in the revision tree.

Good inof to know about.

20171119_1138.PNG

But I haven't found any property or similar to get this info from within the document or from an according draft file.

So it seeems to me, that this is not a kind of a standard property to use as normal.

Is this as I see it, have I overseen something or do I simply miss a setup or option?

Thanks in advance

regards
Wolfgang
3 REPLIES

Re: SE Revised From and SE Revision Root

Genius
Genius
SEdocID, SELinkData, SERevisedFrom & SERevisionRoot are properties that were added when Insight came along back in, I'm guessing V15. They were populated with a SQL hex number, for example {E73DD217-644D-403C-8C98-FB7D45E96531} for internal tracking.
An original document would have the SEdocID & SERevisionRoot be the same value, then Revision B of that document would have a different SEdocID, but the SERevisedFrom & SERevisionRoot for refer back to Revision A. Revision C would have a new SEdocID, the SERevisedFrom revision B & SERevisionRoot would point back to Revision A. This is how the tree was built. However, this was all internal properties that are not displayed in a SharePoint dashboard.

I think with all the different management methods the properties used to manage Insight, SESP, Teamcenter & BiDM are all in the files and what works for one might not work for another.

Dale Smith
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
ST10 MP2 - Insight

@hawcadI think those properties can only be gotten to via the API as I do not believe they are currently exposed through the UI at all.

Those properties are used by the Revise/Revisions commands to display the revision history when they are ran.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019

Hi @KennyG

thanks for confirming my anguishes, but IMHO these infos should be accessable via common property callouts to be placed on drafts, documents, etc.

regards
Wolfgang