SE ST7 - Strange things

Dear SE users,

I have some strange things with ST7.

When I'm changing document numbers, material and some other properties via Property Manager it's selecteable. But after hitting the OK button no property values are changed. Am I the only one with this problem?

Other problem is: SE is running very slow. Opening parts, assemblies and draft takes ages. And then when it's open I have to wait again for all the toolbars to be loaded.

Please note the follow specifications:

SE ST7 MP1

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit

PC: Intel Xeon CPU @ 2.8 GHz, 16GM RAM and grafic card is the NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10
32 REPLIES

Re: SE ST7 - Strange things

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Do you have another PC to test on?  I've seen something similar when a memory card was poorly seated in it's socket.  No indication other than Solid Edge was very slow.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

I'm not the only one in the company.

Normally we had no problems with ST6 but it seems after running ST7 for 2 weeks its much slower. More stuff to be loaded?

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Creator
Creator
I am having the same trouble with st7. St6 ran fine. I have tried reloading , creating new user, changing video card and nothing has made a difference. It is aggravating. I have 15 to 20 sec. Lag. With every screen change. Seems to work fine other wise. My home system works great with no lag. Both have same video card.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Edgers,

this behavior when opening files was reported from another SE user to me.

They feel, that since ST7 the open and save of documents take 5 times longer then before.

This seems to be true not only for files from the network storage but also from local files.

Antivirus etc. was closed too for testing without any differences.

So it might be having to do with Solid Egde rather then other reasons.

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang

So everyone seems to have the same problem, but almost no one is posting about it?

With MP2, no progress.

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Builder
Builder

I haven't noticed this behaviour on my system, but its all local and fairley small file sizes (ST7 MP2). How large are the files that you are working with?

Creator
Creator

Today I made and exception in the firewall for solidedge and it seems to help alittle but still not right.

Duane Melby

st7-MP2

Dell 1600  8g  firepro v4900 

Phenom
Phenom

For reference, ST7 runs just as well for me as ST6- and I am VERY touchy about increases in lag time. I regularly run 500 part assemblies up to about 400MB in size. 

i7-2600K, 8GB RAM, AMD FirePro  V7900

-Dylan Gondyke

It's not even the size or number of part that count.
Small assemblies and drafts run at the same speed as big assemblies and drafts. Once it's opened it runs good, until you go to a different feature like sketches and so on.
-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10