Solved! Go to solution

SE ads in ST8

Every once in a while a Solid Edge add pops up at the bottom of my SE screen. How do I turn this off? 

14 REPLIES

Re: SE ads in ST8

[ Edited ]

yea, what the heck. this is the first time i got one.

They can be turned off by going to the Application button, Solid Edge Options, and click on User Profile. At the bottom is an option to uncheck Display Solid Edge Spotlight. 

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author SW
‎12-29-2015 04:12 PM

I see your question has been answered, but I would like to emphasize that in a purchased version of Solid Edge you will not see "Ads" as in "advertising". We use this banner at the bottom VERY RARELY to alert users to things that may be very important. Like the one shown is our "direct to the user" survey around your thoughts on Solid Edge that happens generally once, possibly twice per year. This is something that you'd hope most users would want to know about and participate in -- unless of course Solid Edge is already perfect for you -- which is great too!

We promise not to abuse the privilege of "speaking to you" via the app on very rare occasions. I hope it proves useful to you.

Best,

Dan Staples

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Earlier this morning I clicked on the banner to see what it wanted me to see. I found the survey and took it. Thanks for the responses. 

I did seen that monday, I clicked but the Survey was not found.
Now the ads is gone and I don't know if the survay is there or not.

I just got the survey a second time. I assume either the first one didn't "take" or users aren't tracked.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

That functionality should be used for three things only:

1. Update to current ST version become available

2. New ST version available

3. Action taken on an ER/PR that you were part of.

You CAN turn it off. Personally they're no big whoop.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

The option to turn off this ads should be as easy as clicking on the add. Not hidden away behind a lot of clicks under a strange description.

A thing of respecting the (paying big dollar) customer.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2018 user