Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: SE is freezing with .asm-file; .par .asm -filetype and graphic card

Legend
Legend

I followed the resetting procedure, suggested by You.

Right now, I could open the .asm file again without crash. I hope this is stable now.

So You have any explanation, what has happened?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Something in your user configuration.  Without the original configuration it would be hard to determine.

Also, please note that by resetting this your graphics adapter settings within Solid Edge have also been reset.  Manually change your Solid Edge adapter settings again but this time only select the adapter setting -- do not change any other display related settings for now.

Legend
Legend

Yes I guess it is difficult to say.

I had not changed anything in the default configuration, except the previously suggested change to "hardware support" of the graphics adapter in the settings-options.

Now after resetting, I rechanged the setting to the usage of hardware support of the display. So it should be the same, as it had been before.

A strange point is, that yesterday evening, I left the computer with the described fault, which could not be cured. Overnight the problem was cured, without any action. But it reoccured after a while of usage and could not be cured by changing the settings. This time it is cured by resetting the software configuration.