Highlighted

SE viewer failure to download

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi team,

Failure to download the SE viewer with the attached error though already filled in Last name and First name fields.

Look forward to your solution.

8 REPLIES

Betreff: SE viewer failure to download

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @KKZhang

from which lonk are You trying to download that viewer?

As the message shows, there needs to be entered additional info about name, etc.

So this is not a normal download from GTAC download page.

Nevertheless, what is the use of that viewer?

With ST10 You can use the same software as free viewer too, but with more and better functionality

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@hawcad  this free ST10 Viewer is the same as Solid Edge ST10 with the Free 2D/Viewer option enabled.  We provide this external signup and download link for your suppliers, vendors, etc. that are not Solid Edge customers.  We want to ensure that non-Solid Edge customers have access to the Solid Edge ST10 viewing solution also.

Re: SE viewer failure to download

Siemens Experimenter

Yes, the issue is based on the feedback from a customer who wants to provide it to his vendor or coworkers to read SE files , and we made a test by the official link below and got the error.

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/zh/products/solid-edge/freeviewer/index.cfm

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @uk_dave

thanks for clarification!

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom

@KKZhang I can confirm the issue that you are seeing.  I am also seeing a similar but different issue with the English download page as well.  I will get this submitted to our internal support people.

Legend
Legend

KKZhang wrote:

"Hi team,

Failure to download the SE viewer with the attached error though already filled in Last name and First name fields.

Look forward to your solution."

Are you refering to the "View and markup" program? I just downloaded & installed yesterday with no issues.

I personally use it as a quick way to view .JT & .xt files I send to customers. Simply to be sure the file I'm sending was properly converted. Simply put, it's a quicker way to view the files as opposed to opening them in SE with it having to convert all the files into parts.

-Craig

Siemens Experimenter

Thanks a lot!

Siemens Phenom

@KKZhang I can confirm that the ST10 Viewer registration is now working as expected and you can once again download the exe file after signing up.