Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SE10 2D: LOST AUTOMATIC SAVING FEATURE

Genius
Genius

Bruce, answers to your questions follow:

I don't follow what you're talking about with "Jing capturing". JING is a TechSmith software that allow capturing and annotating PC screens.

IOW it doesn't automatically pop up if SE is idle. First, I  don't know what IOW means - maybe because I don't text. I hope that you'll excuse my frustrations when I say that I would appreciate it if you gave me some credit in knowing about SE 2D. I've been using it for at least 10 consecutive years. I initially dealt with Ricky Black way back when. He and I actually had a telecom one time.

When you select back up saving do you have a file explorer window open to that folder so you can monitor it?  Yes, I know that as soon as you open SE, the backup is created in the definned folder which I keep in My Doucments along with all my SE drawings, etc. including numerous .jpegs of screen captures of SE custimizations. Please see my frustrated comments above.

I also checked and made sure all my Windows 10 updates were installed and other hardward drivers are up to date.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ron

Re: SE10 2D: LOST AUTOMATIC SAVING FEATURE

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

OK, sorry, my excuse is that I have no way of knowing what you know or don't know so I have to ask potentially annoying questions. Like you don't know what IOW means (in other words) I have no idea who Ricky Black is.

Anyway, when I experimented, I did get a reminder when time was up and I attempted another command. And I did see a backup file which appeared and disappeared in my assigned backup folder.

So I don't have an answer for you. I assume you use free versions and therefore can't get support.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200