Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE2019 Slow response

Experimenter
Experimenter

Greetings,

I would like to kindly ask for your help. I have issues with delayed reactions to my commands in SE2019. 

For example when creating hole, I select Hole command and place it to defined surface. Then I select Hole Options. Dialog box does not appear immediately but it takes approximately 4 second. Furthermore change of any parameter (i.e. hole type) causes dialog box to re-render which takes another 4 seconds or more. 

Other commands (Extrusion, Shell) have similar behaviour but it is not so distinct. Work with object (rotation and moving of camera) is smooth without any problems.

Below are specifications of my workstation.

Thank you in advance!

Dell Precision T7610

Intel Xeon CPU E5-2680 v2

RAM 32 GB

NVIDIA Quadro K2000

Windows 10

MS Office 2016

11 REPLIES 11

Re: SE2019 Slow response

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You do not state what maintenance pack you are currently running.  Please download and install the latest SE2019 MP which is currently MP5. 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your reply. I have already had installed latest maintenance pack - MP5 - before I asked for help here. I am sorry I did not mention this.

Siemens Phenom

Okay, then what version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed?

Experimenter
Experimenter
Windows 10 Pro
buildy 17763.379

Siemens Phenom

Hmm just an FYI but Windows 10 1809 has not yet been released to the enterprise under the “Semi-Annual Channel” servicing channel yet:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10/release-information

Any chance you can install Windows 10 1803? 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Unfortunately I am not able to downgrade to 1803. But I have been using SE2019 on same workstation since W10 1703 and I went through all builds to current 1809. None of them solved described problem.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@alessef Please insure that your Intel chipset and BIOS firmware is up to date for your PC.  You may be suffering from patches Microsoft put into Windows to block the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities until the PC manufacturers/Intel could produce the proper microcode fixes.  The net result of the MS patches was slower overall PC performance.  Updating your firmware/BIOS should resolve that if it is what is causing your issue.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

Greetings,

I have checked chipset and BIOS firmware versions and according to manufacturer's site I am using latest available ones. So it seems this is not source of my issue. Thank you.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@alessef A couple thoughts on possibilities...

The Hole options dialog reads an XLSX file for the Hole info.  If it is only the Holes dialog you are having issues with, it could be possible that accessing the Holes DB is what is slowing the dialog down.  In the SE Options, File Locations, you will find the Holes Database location... Is it local or is it on a network server location that may be slower?  Are you using what was delivered with SE 2019 or an older DB you already had from a previous version?

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com