Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SEEC 2019 & MFK - anyone having issues?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I'm working with SEEC 2019 (MP6) and TC12.1. I've set up MFK and now the CPD can't see any item types. Anyone else having issues like this? Also found other non-related issues with Add to Teamcenter and Add to Teamcenter Interactive. I just happened to find them all at once. I've already called it into Gtac, but was just wondering if anyone else has seen issues with it.

MFK - Multifield Key. Allows me to have more than one Item in TC with the same Item ID. 

@uk_dave - how about you? Have you seen any issues?

Thanks!!

Jamie Griffis | PLM Solution Architect | Engineering USA
5 REPLIES 5

Re: SEEC 2019 & MFK - anyone having issues?

Gears Phenom

FOLLOWING

@Jamie_Griffis   We are not to TC12 yet but are interested in MFK as well.  Following... 

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional
Solid Edge 2019 (SEEC) - Production
NX12 (Tc Integration)
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Gears Phenom

@Johnson_BigMatt  - I've done MFK for a while now in TC and it works great just not with SE yet. I wanted to in the past but they didn't get it "working" until ST9. Unfortunately I've never had a chance to tested it until now. I don't know if it ever worked or not in ST9 or ST10 or TC11 or TC12? I'm trying MFK again on my demo environment to see if I can replicate the behavior or when and where it breaks down. I'm already seeing issues with OOTB SEEC getting all the OOTB Item Types to the CPD in my demo environment. 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Jamie_Griffis sorry, this is a new one on me and I cannot find anything pre-existing in the database like this either.  

Gears Phenom

@Johnson_BigMatt  - My issue is resolved. There are some preferences that needed to be modified for my custom types to come through beyond the typical SEEC_ItemTypeList_* preferences. The TYPE_DISPLAY_RULES_list* need to be updated to reflect the correct classes and custom classes (don't forget your abstract class if you are using it). Plus, you must always use the real name of the Item Type in any preference. This is confusing as the OOTB types have the same real & display name unlike your custom types. It doesn't state this in the description in TC of the preference. The SEEC Admin guide only points this out on the SEEC_ItemTypeList_ExcludedTypes and not the other where you are defining what you want to use.

seec-4.png

I also tested MFK and it is working. Our case of MFK is mixed. We have several Part Types that we only allow one to be created with the Item ID and we allow X number of Design Types created based on that same Item ID and an additional attribute with an LOV. It didn't immediately come over on the CPD but when I switched the attribute to required in BMIDE, then the CPD displayed it for my Design type only. 

Gears Phenom

And that's why they pay you the big bucks.