SEEC Structure Editor on ST9

Has anyone used Structure Editor on SE ST9 & Teamcenter 11?

Since upgrading from ST7 and TC9 recently, structure editor is unuseable on anything but small assemblies. I can't even get it to open medium asms with few links.

Just wondering if it is a common issue, or something in our setup.

5 REPLIES

Re: SEEC Structure Editor on ST9

There are some Structure Editor fixes in MP1 and MP2 so you definitely need to be on MP2 at this point regardless.  There is specifically a fix in MP2 related to Structure Editor and linked files but this may or may not be the same issue that you are experiencing. 

Thanks Dave, I'm on MP2 already unfortunately. Actually Siemens gave us a workaround registry fix for the linked file bug fixed in MP2.

I left structure editor open overnight and it was able to open a medium assembly (actually smallish compared to some we do), but now every change to any cell in the window is taking about half an hour to process - not big changes with links, just the description of the dataset for example.

I was just wondering if people were using StrEd sucessfully with ST9 and it's just us, or is it a general issue?

To be honest, not seeing any reports of such behaviour from other SEEC customers.

Hi all,

I have the same Softwareversions in use.

I just tried to open an assembly in Structure Editor, works fine, alse "Save As All" reacts like i am used to it before.

Did you change configuration during the upgrade from ST7?

Thanks @c_weber, at least I know it must be something in our setup. Our configuration shouldn't have changed during the update but obviously something is wrong. I'll have to log it with our VAR.