SESetActiveVersion

I can use SESetActiveVersion.exe to switch between ST4 and ST6 successfully but only if I am logged in as Administrator.  Any other user gets the error message:  "The version could not be activated due to a system error."  How can I allow all users to use SESetActiveVersion?  (I have tried changing permissions on the program files and registry settings to everyone...)

3 REPLIES

Re: SESetActiveVersion

You need to give your users administrator privileges to execute the .exe. Changing permissions on the files individually won't make the .exe work. 

-Dylan Gondyke

Thanks but the users are already full administrators.  The program starts and allows me to choose which version of Solid Edge to run but then errors out with "system error".

"I can use SESetActiveVersion.exe to switch between ST4 and ST6 successfully but only if I am logged in as Administrator."

I thought this implied that the problem was with other users who were not administrators. So, what is the actual problem? All users are administrators, but only your user account successfully works? If so, what are the UAC settings of yourself vs your users? What is the variable?

I ALWAYS right-click the .exe and select 'Run As Administrator'. What happens if you/your users do this instead?

-Dylan Gondyke