SEU13 video streaming?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Any thoughts on video streaming of some/all SEU13 sessions?,....for those of us that can't make it, but would dearly love to.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10
5 REPLIES

Hi Sean, Live streaming presents some technical and logis...

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi Sean,

Live streaming presents some technical and logistical challenges at the moment.  However, this year we are videotaping the general sessions and are considering making them available online, at some point after the event. We have an area reserved on www.solidedgeu.com for select presentations (PPTs) from previous years, and I think posting videos will be the next logical step. Stay tuned...

John

I think that some solution to the "have to be present" fo...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think that some solution to the "have to be present" for the conference has to change.  People these days are looking ever more to Web Based or "virtual" attendance of things like this as the web based tools are widely available and travel costs keep going up while companies look to spend less, especially on non-essential travel.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Re: I think that some solution to the "have to be present" fo...

Theorist
Theorist
I think this would be a great idea. Even a nominal fee would be well worth it! And even if it was just the keynote sessions.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Personally, I'm all for this. I've very thankful for virtual events and streaming when I can't justify physically attending.

Having said that, there are issues in setting this up. The big one is cost. Depending on where you go, you often have to pay just to get WIFI access for the event participants. Unfortunately, this often isn't fast enough for video streaming and even if it is, others using the network can kill the streaming quality.

What has been done for other events it to arrange for a second high speed line. I know we experimented with this at PLMWorld a few years ago. This is costly which is why you see many events only do some limited sessions online.

Still, I wonder if there is some middle ground. It might be interesting to at least do an experiment this year.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
I think even retrospective [end of day] uploading of any footage would be good as well,...if the "live" aspect poses too many hurdles.
I of course would MUCH rather be there at SEU13 in person.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10