Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SEU2017

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

The nail in the coffin: https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Knowledge-Base/What-s-New-in-Solid-Edge-S...

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
SE2019 Pre-Production Testing
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Matt,

See my reply on the page you linked to.  I'm hoping that since ST9 came out ahead of SEU2016 that SE2017 will still happen.  If not, I think they are making a huge mistake.  Surely the powers that be recognize what happned the last time SEUs stoppped occuring.

Also, from the looks of all the enhancements of ST10, we need SEU to show off all of the new tools.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Johnson_BigMatt That was freaky seeing your post.  I was thinking about posting the very same thing...

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP5, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Gears Phenom

I wonder if the ST10 announcement has anything to do with PLM World (PLM Connection) this week in Indy.  I haven't dug into the agenda to see if there is a specific presentation on Solid Edge.

Gears Phenom

Been watching the #PLMConx hashtag on Twitter and see that Dan Staples just finished a demo on ST10 covering the main enhancements: generative design, convergent modeling, topology optimisation, etc.

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

@kjoiner wrote:

Also, from the looks of all the enhancements of ST10, we need SEU to show off all of the new tools.

@kjoiner Can't agree more!

PLM World Member Genius PLM World Member Genius
PLM World Member Genius
It would be a big disappointment if there was no SEU this year.
We have been coming to Solid Edge conferences since the beginning. We even did a few PLM Connections when they merged. We didn't go to one of those because of how little content and community there ended up being. We started back at the first University in Huntsville and have been coming ever since.

We get tremendous value from these types of conferences. The hands on, demos of new functionality, discussions with development and product managers, connecting and sharing with other users. We would lose a lot not having it for even a year.

I hope we get some word soon. If I had known a couple of weeks ago, we would have at least sent someone to PLM Connection this week.

Carl Breving
S&C Electric Co.

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi Edgers, we’re a small team and have been totally focused on the ST10 launch. Sorry it’s taken a while to respond to this thread. Please rest assured that we are NOT canceling Solid Edge University. At SEU 2016, we heard a lot of comments like those at the beginning of this thread—any location we chose was difficult for many of our users to get to. We listened to what you had to say, and we’re pleased to announce that we’re both expanding Solid Edge University, and adding additional US locations. We’ve posted the official announcement here, with a website that includes dates and registrations to come shortly:  

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Blog/Exciting-News-Solid-Edge-University/...

Happy to answer any questions you guys have.

Gears Phenom

@breving, When there wasn't an SEU and instead there was a track about SE at PLM World (aka PLM Connection), I was there.  It wasn't very good.  The SE folks got stuck into a conference room way back in the corner of the conference center and everyone else was wearing sport coats and ties.  It wasn't the same atmosphere that you get at SEU.

I was following #PLMConx via twitter and asking my contacts who were in attendance what the SE presentations were like.  It was small, mainly to announce ST10 to a wider audience and show NX and Teamcenter users that SE isn't a red-headed step child.  We can everything you can do, and sometimes better!

Don't worry that you didn't send anyone to PLM World.  You didn't miss anything, unless you are also a Teamcenter or NX user.  Just about everything that was announced at PLM World has been conveyed via the Siemens Community website.  A few niche things, that only apply to a small subset of SE users, haven't been publicized here (I'm thinking the Teamcenter Client improvements, for example).

Gears Phenom

@SColler  just wanted to tag you since we have an official answer now...  

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
SE2019 Pre-Production Testing
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7