SOLID EDGE ERROR SHOWING IN LAPTOP

Hi Team,

one of my friend facing some problem in solid edge. he is using laptop, he is unable to open any files by laptop. but the sam efiles are working on other systems. 

he is working in a company. 

i hope this is not a issue, it will leads to some new leraning, even if the problem solved by someother person i will share it here.

kindly help me in this SOLID EDGE TEAM

regards

J

7 REPLIES

Re: SOLID EDGE ERROR SHOWING IN LAPTOP

Hi Jay,

Are you sure that they're running the same exact versions of Solid Edge? Have they created & shared files across these systems before?
The message indicates file version difference more so than a system issue.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Yes,

there is no version problem. as you said ity may be a system problem.

so uninstalling an reinstalling the software will resolve the issue???

regards

J

No, Sean is saying it is much more likely a version problem...not a system problem.

What is the error message exactly that he gets when opening the laptop files on another computer? A screenshot of the error message would be most helpful.

Also, FYI, files created in an Academic version of Solid Edge cannot be opened in a commercial version, regardless of whether or not the Solid Edge version number is the same.

-Dylan Gondyke

i already attached in the first message.. you can see that. and there is only st6 they are using... no other older version.

they are using only commercial license. no academic one...

and the sma efiels if he opens in some other system they are opening and functioning well.

[ Edited ]

I missed the attachment.

Where are the files being saved to/opened from? A network location? 

-Dylan Gondyke

files are accessed from a network location....

Transfer a few files using a flash drive to the laptop, and try to open them. It is possible that permissions issues are the cause.

-Dylan Gondyke