ST 9 MP2 or 3 Runs out of memory when printing single draft file & single DV

Edgers just curious if anyone encountered this issue.

We now have 3 workstations producing the same symptoms.  

WorkFlow:

• Open single draft document with a 2D drawing view only NO 3D MODEL
  • Print and SE runs out of memory and crashes

Also testing shows unrelated to data however issues have occurred with 2D draft documents with single DV of sketches and no 3D models  (2D DV’s only) that’s it.

I know this seems highly unusual so just asking really.  We run Windows 7 64bit SP1 and the systems were brand new.

It does seem like a memory leak but I'm not sure.

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC
22 REPLIES

Re: ST 9 MP2 or 3 Runs out of memory when printing single draft file & single DV

I had the same issue yesterday..  only SE open.. simple drawing.. out of memory and closing....

happened before last week.. but than I had a lot open..

Definitly a problem !

Regards,

Jan Bos

The Netherlands

Betreff: ST 9 MP2 or 3 Runs out of memory when printing single draft file & single DV

Hi @mspadmin

does this also come up if printing to PDF using a PDF printer or when saving as PDF?

or is this only when printing to paper?

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: ST 9 MP2 or 3 Runs out of memory when printing single draft file & single DV

No first things I checked were can I reproduce with MS word or PDF reader or Autocad or JT2Go viewer.  All printed without running out of memory.

Next can I reproduce with a Clean boot into same windows profile answer yes still round out of memory.

Next can I reproduce with another windows profile either new or logged on before, answer yes ST 9 ran out of memory.

So how to fix:  the only way was to deleted the windows profile that started exhibiting this symptom and relog in to windows after deleting with same domaine user profile and Walu.....No out of memory error.....

Does anyone think this is a ST9 memory leak???

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit

Hi @mspadmin

again is it true for all Your printers, that menas also for PDF output from SE or is it a sympton for a single printer only?

I tried to test it here with "Save as PDF" or with our printer, but had no problems here.

This let me suppose that a certain driver could be the issue.

To get closer it would be good to know where at which printer and for what drawing this is true and where not.

regards
Wolfgang

We only have one printer Canon Multi function at work.  But I will test to see if we can reproduce printing to something else like pdf or alternate printer there may be a second one on the 4th floor. 

I dont beleive this is data related but so far has only occured on 2d draft document containing single DV of sketches no 3D models involved at all.

Shouldnt be to hard to islolate this but its not like I have never seen Solid Edge run of memory before in the years I've been using it.   

Thx Phil

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit

Hi @mspadmin

as said try the oputput to PDF to see wether or not it happens there too.

By the way, there is an issue I've found in ST9 together with printing.

If You use the current standard draft templates (or You copied them) there is an color option for dimenions, and others using the Autocad Black/White color

Doing so, here I can see, that a save as PDF will bring a black background and certain pictures (logos) several times on paper.

Maybe this black/white makes Your printer stopping from working correctly?

regards
Wolfgang

Do you know if that issue effects the the latest version of ST9.  MP3??  Thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers

Phil

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit

Re: ST 9 MP2 or 3 Runs out of memory when printing single draft file & single DV

We had this problem a while back.  The IT guys managed to fix it, i'm not 100% sure what they did.  I do know that there was something messed up with the registry and the printers in there.  IT guys waved their magic wand and it started working again.

sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Hi @mspadmin

Yes this happens with ST9 and MP3

Some useres claim that it is so since we installed MP3 but I cann't confirm this

regards
Wolfgang