ST Hybrid Model question: Holes locations

Phenom
Phenom

I'm curious as to why my part is resolving the way that it is. This is a hybrid model with the base features being done in synchronous mode and then an ordered sketch is used to drive the location of set of holes. I thought by putting the sketch and holes in ordered that they would maintain the relations defined in ordered. What I am finding is that construction line that is position from mid-point to mid-point is not updating as I would expect when I attempt to rotate the slot and side. The 2.5 dimension is not being maintained?

Am I missing something in the model??

Capture.PNG

Added photo after original posting.

3 REPLIES

Re: ST Hybrid Model question: Holes locations

Phenom
Phenom

RyanM wrote:

I'm curious as to why my part is resolving the way that it is. This is a hybrid model with the base features being done in synchronous mode and then an ordered sketch is used to drive the location of set of holes. I thought by putting the sketch and holes in ordered that they would maintain the relations defined in ordered. What I am finding is that construction line that is position from mid-point to mid-point is not updating as I would expect when I attempt to rotate the slot and side. The 2.5 dimension is not being maintained?

Am I missing something in the model??

Capture.PNG

Added photo after original posting.

Your mid point to mid point construction line is connected to a sketch in the synchronous model and not in the geometry. When you rotate the geometry the synch sketch doesn't move so your construction line doesn't update and the holes stays there.

You need to connect the construction line to the edge mid point (easyer if you keep synch sketch hidden).

Phenom
Phenom

@Fiorini I thougth I had done that already. Thank you for the help. I projected the edge curve into the sketch and then connected a new line to mid point to mid point. Appears to update that portion correctly now.

Highlighted

Phenom
Phenom

RyanM wrote:

@Fiorini I thougth I had done that already. Thank you for the help. I projected the edge curve into the sketch and then connected a new line to mid point to mid point. Appears to update that portion correctly now.

My suggestion is still to connect to the edge mid point instead than a projected edge curve. Geometry connection is more robust than sketch connection.