Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST10 Color Scheme

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

About a year ago I asked about why the dull color schemes in Solid Edge and why there wasn't any color at all.

Refer to:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/Solid-Edge-Color-Schemes-makes-SE-l...

At that time there was a registry hack that unlocked a few additional themes.  That was with ST9.  Now with ST10 I have found that those registry entries that unlocked some color are not present in ST10.  Has anybody found a way to unlock any more color schemes?

4 REPLIES

Re: ST10 Color Scheme

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @chrisstandring,

I don't know of a way to do this, but, depending on how important this is to you. One option might be to use this paid [US$9.99] application called "WindowBlinds" to take control of this......at the bottom of their page, there are screen shots, and one of them is entitled "Relive the good old days of Windows 7" [pic below]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP1] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Re: ST10 Color Scheme

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

Hi @SeanCresswell, we are actually still living the dream in Windows 7-land.

I guess having "colors" other than pale greys or whites is a little bit too racey for those in charge!

Betreff: ST10 Color Scheme

Hi @chrisstandring

I also have seen this a couple of weeks ago.

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: ST10 Color Scheme

@chrisstandring  It is due to the pursuit of an "Office Like" UI.  SE ST10 is up to an Office 2013 color scheme.  Office 2016 introduced a "Colorful" and a true "Black" theme and SE has yet to catch up.

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com