Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST10: Creating of JT files is slower!!

Genius
Genius

Hi Experts,

One of our designer tried to convert STEP file to .par file and use it in the assembly.

When he tried to make some changes and save, it takes forever to save. I have checked cache it creates a large JT file for the respective part file.

Is there any another way to get pass this JT translator?

I have also tried to save STEP file to .assm file. If we do any modifications on that part files which are assoicated with that .assm file and save ,it does the same thing.

Regards
Rafa
15 REPLIES

Betreff: ST10: Saving of JT files is slower!!

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Rafa2

is it a JT or a XT?

I believe that for all translations first a parasolid file is created (xt)  which in a second step is translated into Step, ect.

But I can confound this too.

regards
Wolfgang

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Rafa2 when your designer imported the STEP file to make that .par file, did the designer then Optimize the part after import?

Genius
Genius

@hawcad As you said first step it creates a XT file when we save it as .par file, there no issue in that.

After conversion into .par file, if we try to make some modifications to the part file and save it, its creating a JT file with large size

Regards
Rafa

Genius
Genius

@uk_dave How do we optimize the part file after import?

I belive he did not follow this step.

Regards
Rafa

Siemens Phenom

Genius
Genius

@uk_dave I did a full body optimization on the part file, but i did not do any help

Capture.PNG

Regards
Rafa

Siemens Phenom

I would suspect that the JT translator does not like something in your part file.  At which point you need to submit a call to your Solid Edge helpdesk resource and get this submitted for further investigation.

Genius
Genius

Thanks for the help!

I will raise an IR for it, we never had this kind of issue with these files in ST9

I wonder what's new in ST10 with the translator 

Regards
Rafa

Phenom
Phenom

I've noticed the ST10 STEP translator (import) is not as good as ST9 too. I've found the same STEP file (with lots of surfaces) imports fine in ST9, but is missing a lot of geometry in ST10.

It's probably unrelated to your issues though...