Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST10 Issue

Phenom
Phenom

I just installed ST10 w/ MP3 on a new Dell Precision laptop

I am seeing an issue where I cannot create geometric constraints. For example, I am in the hole command and I place a hole randomly on the part and then I want to go back and select the center to be constrained to a silhouette point on a construction circle.

Also, if I try to place the circle initially to one of the points it will connect as expected, but I am not seeing the glifs that I would normally see when placing a hole in this situation.

It shows the same behavior when sketching lines in sketch. I place a line and stop command and then want to palce another line and I can't select the end or mid-point of the already palced line.

I thought I had everything set up correctly, but behavior is strange. I did install a space navigator today if that matters. I am running in Graphics CArd Driven (Advanced) mode. I have the approved Nvidia graphics card.

** Edit: I tried this in the draft environment and behavior is normal with all glifs visible.

Thoughts?

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317
5 REPLIES

Re: ST10 Issue

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @rehenryjr,

What OS?......is it Windows10 [version: 1709] by any chance??

If so grab yourself the update from Microsoft that was posted by @RDH to "OS Build:16299.214" in >this post<.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019

Phenom
Phenom

@SeanCresswell Thanks, but I grabbed that update this morning as soon as I saw it was released.

I have determined that if I back the graphics card setting down to Software Driven or Software Driven (Advanced) it works fine. By default on the initial installation it set it to Graphics Card (Advanced). It turns out that both graphics card settings cause this behavior.

This is a Dell Precision 7510. It has an Intel HD Graphics 530 and an Nvidia Quadro M2000M card with 4 GB. I am wondering if the on-board Intel graphics is giving me grief. I expect the Quadro should be ideal and was on the approved list.

Thoughts?

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

@rehenryjr,

Yeah OK, you're probably onto it there, with regards to the on-board graphics.....chances are, but you'd need to check if, it can be disabled in BIOS.

Just a spit ball here,.....but what does "Device Manager" report as your "Display Adapter"?

My system reports ONLY the Quadro card, so I wonder if yours has both.

2018-02-02 (1).png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019

Phenom
Phenom

@SeanCresswell

Mine shows both. I wonder if I can just disable it in the Device Manager instead of going into the BIOS? I guess I will dig into that tomorrow.

Device Manager.jpg

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Hi @rehenryjr

Besides the fact that I have seen several notebookes and tablets with Intel onboard card only, which do a great SE job, it could be the situation of dual cards what makes the problem.

Just go to the graphics settings from Your desktop and confirm the M2000M to be the one and only graphic for SE.

I remember that this heplped me a lot a couple of years ago.

regards
Wolfgang