Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST10 Licence Manager won't install!

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

I am installing the FlexNet Publisher 2016 (11.14.0) onto the Sold Edge License server in order to be able to use ST10.  Unfortunately the installer throws an error saying that the installation package is not supported by the processor!  The processor is an i3-3220 @ 3.30 GHz.  There is 4GB RAM installed.  All the documentation that I have found says that an x86 or x64 type processor is supported.  Maybe that no longer includes i3?  I don't know.  There's nothing in the Siemens documentation - I had to google it.  I know it will install on my machine (it has XEON processors) but I do not want to do that.

Can anybody tell me the minimum system requirements for a Solid Edge ST10 license server these days?

8 REPLIES

Betreff: ST10 Licence Manager won't install!

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @chrisstandring

this sounds strange, since I thought the FlexLM never be an application which needs a lot of computer power.

Which operating system are You using.

I had a similar situation a couple of days ago, where I wasn't able to instal the Flex Server, but than I have seen this computer is a 32bit Win10 machine, which I never ever expected to have at all.

But a dependence from the CPU?

This would be strange

regards
Wolfgang

PLM World Member Legend

@hawcad, it is running Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit.  Nothing special. I would not have thought the license manager required that much processing power!  Maybe @dcstaples or @LauraWatson may be able to provide some clarification here?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@chrisstandring

I regret that you are having these issues.

We update the Flex information in the Solid Edge Readme file for each release.  This is from the ST10 Readme file:

Solid Edge License Manager Operating System Information

FlexNet Publisher 2016 (11.14.0) supports the following:

• Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
  • Windows 8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
  • Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit or 64-bit)
  • Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit or 64-bit)
  • Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 (64-bit), or Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)

Your OS is good.  I can't imagine Flex having issues with a processor.  I discussed this with the GTAC manager this morning. He has not heard of any issues related to processor.  They will start investigating this. Please contact your customer support, so that we can work directly with you to get this resolved the quickest.

Best regards,

Laura

Solid Edge Release Manager

Re: ST10 Licence Manager won't install!

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

There is a PR#7941169 that mentions this message but it is because the OS is 32 bit.

"This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor"

This is the solution.

Solution

License Manager is a 64bit setup starting with ST9 and hence can't be installed on 32bit OS.

I know stated you are running 64 bit OS so it doesn't make sense.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The requirement is for Windows 7 Ultimate... He is running Pro which has less features than Ultimate has, so that may be why it may not be working.   Windows 7 Ultimate is essentially the same as Windows 7 Enterprise that large enterprise customers may be running.

Ken
Production: ST10 MP7, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

PLM World Member Legend

@LauraWatson, thanks for that.  I will contact my VAR today.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I just ran the license installer on my Win 7 Pro 64bit and it completed with no errors so it must be something else.
LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Re: ST10 Licence Manager won't install!

PLM World Member Legend

Oh crap!  I looked again and the OS is 32-bit.  Sometimes you read things and only see what you want to see!  So we will need to upgrade the server.  Problem solved!

@JasonTitcomb@KennyG@LauraWatson@hawcad - thanks for your help!