Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ST10 MP3 installation

Phenom
Phenom

I just tried to install ST10 MP3, and found it requires admin privileges to install.  As far as I can remember none of the ST9 packs or ST10 MP1&2 required it, which is much handier for us as our users can self install.

Have other people also found this?

To Siemens people; is this deliberate? I guess there may be a specific part of the update that requires elevation...

5 REPLIES

Re: ST10 MP3 installation

Legend
Legend

I installed ST9 MP12 yesterday, and it also asked to run as admin. for the first time. I just right-clicked the file and chose run as admin. I wonder if it's a recent Windows update this past week?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

HI @Trikefreak

Hi @Alex_H

I always used to run as Admin for any installation and update (service pack) of software.

Just to guarantee to write into the "c:\program\Solid Edge" folder (or any other application folder), I would recomment to do it exactly so.

Wether this is something new with MP3 or MP12?

This is something only developers will tell us.

From my point of view I only can and will suggest to tunr off the UAC and run every installation as Admin, even YOu are a admin user.

But as it was told and as I have seen it, for Windows it seems not to be the same.

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

@Trikefreak I tried MP2 and MP3 straight after each other, and only MP3 required elevated privlidges, so can't blame Windows in this case, but good to know at least it's a general thing and not just us.

@hawcad We used to all have local admin on our machines so everything was easy, now the IT department have locked everyone down so everything is that bit more tiresome to do!

Legend
Legend
to further explain, I've never had to run as admin before, at my home computer. this weekend, i was required to run as admin, ST9 MP12, thus why I tossed out a possible Windows change in security.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Trikefreak

Win 10 Creators Fall update?

regards
Wolfgang