Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST10 Maintenance Packs

Phenom
Phenom

We are soon to upgrade to ST10 and we would install MP3 along with it as this is the latest MP.

Now that MP's can be rolled back would we need to install MP1 and/or MP2 to be able to do that ?

Or, could MP3 be removed, thus reverting to the base ST10 install, then one of the earlier MP's installed ?

I don't envisage having to roll back an MP, but I remember a few version ago that we had to do just that, and the only way was to completely uninstall/re-install SE.

I just wondered how it worked now.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST10 MP6 on Windows 10 Pro 64.
11 REPLIES

Re: ST10 Maintenance Packs

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

When you install maintenance packs and then rollback you roll back to whatever the previous version was that was installed before applying the last maintenance pack.

So, if you install base ST10 and then install MP3, if you rollback MP3 you would then go back to base ST10.

If you install base ST10, then MP1, and then MP3, then when you rollback you would roll back to MP1, at which point you could then apply MP2.

TBH, I find it faster to do a silent uninstall and silent install than to try rolling back maintenance packs, but whatever works best in your environment.

Re: ST10 Maintenance Packs

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks @uk_dave

As I say, I don't envisage having to roll back, but I just wondered how it worked.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000

Betreff: ST10 Maintenance Packs

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @beachcomber

and just to remember:

You can copy the maintenance pack (MP3.exe) directly under the installation folder of Solid Edge\Update

If done so, the MP3 will be installed automatically when installing ST10

This will save You from an extra tour to every workstation (real or virtual)

regards
Wolfgang

@hawcad wrote:

Hi @beachcomber

You can copy the maintenance pack (MP3.exe) directly under the installation folder of Solid Edge\Update

What do you mean? Create a folder called "update" under the SE install folder and put the MP there?

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi @bshand

no, no, there already is a folder called "Update" under the Solid Edge installation folder of the standard installation image

20180103_1812.PNG

If You copy any maintenance pack (the last current one) into that folder, then it will be executed automatically during the installation, and You do not need to run it manually.

So this is very helpful for the initial roll-out of a new version, or for any installation of a new workstation, etc.

I have used that for many, many years saving me a lot of time necessary else to to it manual.

regards
Wolfgang

@hawcad, OK thanks for pointing that out. I'm not sure it's that time efficient though unless you're installing SE on a LOT of workstations. Besides you're going to need to do it differently when the next MP comes out.

Bruce Shand

Hi @bshand

of course, but for the initial update it always helps.

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

@hawcad

Good tip, I wasn't aware of that method.

Wouldn't save us any time really as I wrote an install macro that steps us through a few things we need to do when installing a new version.

The paths for install file, MP, License File and a few other things are stored in a text file that gets read by the macro.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000

I had to install SE on a couple machines Friday so I tried this out. It just automatically runs the MP after finishing SE. Doesn't really save time but it's a good way not to forget to run the MP after.

Bruce Shand