ST10 New Features

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know what version of Solid Edge ST10 (Foundation, Classic, or Premium) include the new Convergent Modeling, Reverse Engineering, and Generative Design features? I can't find anything on Siemen's website.

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST9, MP8
HP Z2 Mini, Windows 10
4 REPLIES

Re: ST10 New Features

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
  • Convergent is in all levels of Solid Edge.
  • Reverse Engineering is in Classic and above.
  • Generative has two flavors.
    • Standard = Visualize the result, but you can't make a convergent model automatically (and some limits on constraint types and such) -- comes in Classic and above.
    • Generative Design Pro is a separately purchaseable add-on to Solid Edge, that creates convergent models directly from the Generative result and has full constraint/load capability. I need to forewarn that it is not cheap -- approx same price as Classic say, but you get what you pay for. This is by far the best generative in industry today.

Best,

Dan

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Experimenter
Experimenter

I was at the launch of ST10 yesterday in Cape Town South Africa

A lot of the things they showed is add on's  ... 

In the past you get a What is new booklet in pdf

Is it avaiable for ST10 aswell? I work for one month already on ST10 and it will be help full to see ALL the ST10 upgrade features, I looked in the help file but see only a few

Thank you

Johan Broodryk

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

yes, it is in installation folder, take a look to: ...\Solid_Edge_DVD_ENGLISH__ST10\DVD\Solid Edge\whatsnew.pdf

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There is also the ST10 release notes from the Solid Edge documentation:

https://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/docs/se/st10/ST10_release_notes.pdf

And also the What's New in the online ST10 documentation:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/110/se_help/#uid:xid1129777:index_newse