Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST10 Printing

Pioneer
Pioneer

Please can you arrange to sort the printing in Portrait issue out on ST10 please?

Many thanks

9 REPLIES

Re: ST10 Printing

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Redcad2,

Agree....this is annoying, and changin the printer defaults is not a solution, as I don't want my other applications to be this way by default.

Can I suggest you get a PR going on this, with your support channel.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP2] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Redcad2

Yes, please log a IR/PR on this issue. We are not sure what problem you are having. I have had somebody looking at this for several days, and we have not yet discovered any behavior difference from ST9.  I just learned he was testing Windows 7, so now he is going to try Windows 10.  We are also going to try on ST8 today.

Thanks,

Laura

Builder
Builder

I've been experiencing this issue also. Windows 10, ST10. In previous versions (ST4-ST9), when you go to print a drawing, say "B" size, SE automagically selects "Landscape" orientation to fit the template. In ST10, SE not so automagically selects "Portrait" orientation; you must manually select landscape every time you print.

I am not seeing the issue in ST10 on Windows 10.  It is automatically picking landscape for me.

Is the highlighted option checked in your SE Print Settings?

2017-08-15_10-39-27.png

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Builder
Builder

Yes, Detect portrait/landscape is checked.

Builder
Builder
Interestingly, after looking at this setting (which I didn't know was there), it looks like ST10 is now recognizing landscape/portrait like it used to. I didn't change anything, just found the settings page and viewed it. I'll post back if I have any further problems with this.

I verified my printer default is Portrait but SE is detecting landscape and setting the printer accordingly.

Are you using the PCL version of the printer driver?  We have had issues with different apps and SE if using a PS (PostScript) printer driver.  Some printer manufacturers supply both...

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Experimenter
Experimenter

I verified this and we are using PCL. Also the box is checked for detect portait or landscape. Nothing has fixed the problem. Do have anyother advice?

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Did you try to have several tabs in your dft, and print them all? The reall issue shows itself when your tabs in the same dft file contain differently aligned papers. Try that I'm interested in the result, because here, wherever I tested it, it didn't work