Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST10 Server Busy error

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone. So im a student and im having this error when trying to make a new file. When i launch Solid edge everything works normal till i select something from main menu, for example to create ISO metric asembly...

Can somebody help my how to fix this error?

Couple months ago program worked fine, then i uninstalled because i didnt need it (That was ST9), and yesterday installed ST10 and it dosent work please help.

7 REPLIES

Re: ST10 Server Busy error

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Patrik123Are you able to open the Help pane and click the About Solid Edge and display that window?

The initial release of SE had some issues and there was a replacement release that had maintenance patch 3 incorporated in it so I want to make sure you have that version.

In the pic below, the "06" that the arrow is pointing to should be "03" for you.  If it is "00" then you need to download ST10 again.

2018-04-13_10-11-58.png

Ken

Production: ST10 MP5
Testing: SE 2019

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I am going to assume that you are running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.  We are aware of this Server Busy issue on FCU and are actively working to get a resolution.

Unfortunately, with  Student Edition, the only solution at this time is to downgrade your Windows 10 version.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@uk_dave  Is this only and issue with FCU in Win 10 Home Edition?  I had a home user licensee who reported this I believe and he rolled back to fix, but we have our entire user base at work on the FCU version of Win 10 Enterprise and don't have this issue at all...

Ken

Experimenter
Experimenter
i cant whenever i click something program freezes and then the server busy error shows up

Experimenter
Experimenter

Can i maybe download st9? Will that work?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@KennyG this is an issue with FCU and the Solid Edge Spotlight.

Unfortunately Spotlight cannot be turned off in free editions.  I would hazard a guess that it is not an issue in your production because you have Spotlight turned off.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@uk_daveActually it is on, but they never broadcast anything out to the commercial licenses so it's like having it off.  Smiley LOL

Ken