Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST10 and fast search installation

Dear friends, 

I'm here with another request!

recently we have installed the ST10 version of Solid Edge, it was a clean installation and I would like to implement also the fast search program to improve the "where it's used" tool.

I've installed the program on the server, I've indexed the folder where all my drawings are, and I give the full control to the SYSTEM user and read/write to the ADMINISTRATOR users.

I set the UNC path to the fast search configuration, but it still not working, I follow all the instruction I found on this forum, but it still not working.

I can see the SE parameters on the "category folder" but when I launch the "where it's used" the folder used for the search continue to be orange instead of green.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Betreff: ST10 and fast search installation

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Davide_Parolin

if everything is done as mentioned, then You only need to wait until indexing is finished.

Have You opend the indexing services on the server to see how far it is with that job.

Creating the search index on a big file server can need several hours or even days.

There was an additional link to a windows info page, to use a registry setting for a faster creation of the search index.

This influences wether or not the index only is build in times without any other duration .

I'am confident taht You also have defined the FastSearch file appropirate and that You only connect to the server via UNC and not with a mapped drive

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @hawcad,

I found the problem, it was in the option of solid edge, the file position point to a mapped drive instead of a UNC address, changed them and it works perfectly and very fast!

Thanks for the suggestion 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Davide_Parolin

thanks for the feedback and Your answer.

I'm happy to was able helping.

If talking about "... very fast ..."  can You specify it in more detail?

How many SE files are stored on at the server, and how long does a search need?

And, which files has pointed onto a mapped drive?

Which settings was necessary to be changed?

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @hawcad,

I linked all the configuration files in the server, using the UNC path, as shown in the attached picture below.files.JPG

Regarding the fast search, I can tell you that for each search I did in the past, I needed at last 4-5 minutes for the faster search (for a component used in several assembly, I needed more time), now the search took few seconds, for example, a part used in 73 assembly take about 1 minute to perform the search, previously it took at least 5-7 minutes or more.

We have more than 65.000 files stored in over 1500 folders on the server...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Davide_Parolin

thanks a lot for sharing these infos.

regards
Wolfgang