Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST10 free 2d upgrade error

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am trying to upgrade my ST8 freer 2d to ST10 free 2d.

The installation completes without issue.

I can open ST10.

When I open a file that was saved using ST8, I get the attached error(73B13BF6.PNG)

I looked through some of your forums and saw that alot of people had to upgrade the graphics drivers.
I did this by going to the Dell website and using their latest available (although I did notice that the date this driver was signed is 2015)

Anyway, I also upgraded all BIOS and chipset drivers. Still getting the same error.

I have also attached the changelog and removed and personal info like company etc.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: ST10 free 2d upgrade error

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This is a known issue that is fixed in a maintenance pack.

We have provided that maintenance pack as part of the Free 2D download.  That maintenance pack will install automatically as a second install after the base Solid Edge software has installed.

However, you did not allow the maintenance pack to install.

Uninstall Solid Edge and reinstall again.  Once the base Solid Edge has finished installing do not reboot and do not start Solid Edge -- give the maintenance pack installer some time to process and run.  You will know when the maintenance pack is installing.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I was just using the full ST10 installer that the company I am contracting to uses. Can I use this, or do I need a different installer?

Highlighted

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If not using the Free 2D download installer that you will get when signing up as an individual user, then you will need to contact your company and ask them to provide you with the latest maintenance pack.

Experimenter
Experimenter

This worked. Thanks mate!