@LauraWatson "Solid Edge ST10 is the first multilingual release. All 14 languages will release at the same time."
That statement is AWESOME!
I've always updated SE as soon as the CD/DVD arrives on my desk.
Never had any problems, and I've been doing it this way since SE V7!
Can't wait for ST10
I can't wait neither.
But I have had issues. For example the connect cone-cone was lost once.
I thought that I have read something about that ST10 will NOT be able to run under Win 7 and will need atleast Win 8 or better 10.
Can anybody confirm that or is this only something in my mind?
From the ST9 release notes:
• Solid Edge ST9 is 64-bit only. Solid Edge ST6 was the last release of 32-bit Solid Edge.
• Windows 8 Home, Windows 10 Home, and Windows RT are not supported.
• Solid Edge stops certifying new releases against an operating system shortly after
Microsoft drops mainstream support for it. Solid Edge ST9 will not install on Windows
Vista or Windows XP. Microsoft dropped mainstream support for Windows 7 in January
2015. Solid Edge ST9 continues to install on Windows 7, however, if there is a Windows
7 specific problem, we cannot guarantee that a fix can be provided if support is required
• Solid Edge ST10 will be the last release to support Windows 7.
• Solid Edge does not support the new Windows 10 browser, Microsoft Edge.
Just a side question.
With ST9 online help still going to Internet Explorer, will this be updated / changed in ST10?
Would be nice if the online help function would use the default internet brwoser from now one.